Friday, August 24, 2007

Home Sweet Home- The Wood Penthouse

So, instead of talking forever about all of the offices and people I've visited this week, I'm just going to make a list:

Orientation Check-In
Housing Check-In
Health Insurance Booth
Study Abroad Booth
University Bookstore
Residence Hall Meeting
Meal Plan Office (Because I get 19 meal plans a week and this week started on Wednesday, I got to stock up on drinks, cereal, chips, and bagels by using up 10 of them! Now I have plenty of snacks or things when I don't have time for a meal! :D)
Campus Security Office
Orientation Group Meetings
Free Box Lunch on Lawn
College Receptions
First Year Advisement for Courses
First Year Office
For Women Only
College of Arts and Sciences Dessert Reception
Honors Program Meeting
and tonight I go to the Luau
Finally on Sunday there is "Bands, BBQ, and Ballgames"

Whew!
Classes start on Monday


I got/won these free things: pens, pencils, laundry bag, 1 free meal at Einstein Bros Bagels (1 of the restaurants on campus), and a free Cessna-172 simulator ride

It's hot, hot hot! But I'm enjoying this week of relaxing schedules and no studying. I have the weekend to hang with Dad and Mom, go to church, and then it all changes... I know I can only succeed with God's help! Just look at this 1st semester schedule:

Engineering Physics 101
General Chemistry Lab
General Chemistry
Graphical Drawing & CATIA
Honors Seminar 1
Calculus 1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel smarter just knowing you, Nat! That's good that there are many activities for getting to know your colleagues. Thanks to your post, I know what to pray for you: for dedication once you start the homework, and for time for developing relationships in church!

I wonder how long it would take for a package of homemade chocolate chip cookies to get to Florida...? Too bad ice cream's out of the question!