Sunday, September 02, 2007

Renewal Through Hope and Praise

God is so good! Today was just what I needed. I was feeling scared about doing well in classes (especially chemistry!) and missed the body of believers. It's difficult always being around people who don't believe the same that you do. Thankfully, it's been a huge time of growth and I'm feeling more and more compassion for the lost. It's a great challenge to me to continue having a good testimony. It feels a little tiring after awhile, but I needed to be reminded that Christ will always give me the strength I need if I just rely on Him!

Becky (girl in the college ministry at Riverbend who I met last Sunday) came to pick me up and I really enjoyed the first sermon about perseverance- just what I needed! Then, after talking about God's elevation of His Name and His Word in the college ministry, I was able to meet two guys who are going to Embry too. They were going to start up (they've been doing it for several years now) a Bible study on campus, and now Becky doesn't have to take me every Sunday (she lives way closer to the church than ER).

Josh is a sophomore from Michigan and is an RA on the first floor of McKay. Steve is a senior in air traffic in Stimpson. Both were so friendly and I felt great meeting some guy friends who are believers. They'll probably be kinda like my big brothers. I'm gonna meet them at McKay next Sunday and the study should be next Thursday.

But, the absolute coolest thing that happened today: right when I came back from church, (insert name here) knocked on my door and asked if I had been at church. I said yes and told him where. He wants a ride next week "since his mom keeps bugging him to go to church." What an answer to prayer! He is the most party-hearted guy on our floor and yet there
he was asking to come to church. I'll be faithful to pray for him this week and that he'll actually still want to come when Sunday rolls around. I'm really glad I put some verses on my door. He noticed that too and figured I was a Christian. You bet I am and praise God for working through me already. I'm so honored and humbled!

(The rest of the day I did laundry, worked on Chemistry problems, and watched a movie with Kaleigh)

2 comments:

Leila said...

Natalie, it sounds like God is totally providing fellowship, brains, and study-ability :)

orangelugster said...

Keep posting girl! Thanks for the update! :)